Popular Posts

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Life Is To Be Shared

As the summer comes to an end, I think about all the plans I had that never materialized, places to visit, and events to see. But what I do remember most is the experience and friendship I enjoyed with the people I encountered. Travelling alone, you have to seek out fellowship and adventure wherever you can, and it doesn't take a lot of effort to find some if you try.

Being an introvert, it took me a while to appreciate this. I discovered that helping someone along the way and easing their burdens is not just the right thing to do and make you feel better, but can also develop a new companion along your journey, albeit a brief one. The bartender, clerk, fellow patron at a general store, or waitress at a roadside diner, could be the source of interesting stories, local color, and a lifetime of funny stories retold to loved ones. Take time to appreciate people for who they are, instead of what

In the end, the memories of friends, new and old alike, are the most important. Grudges and prejudices can be self-indulgent and ultimately self-destructive. Life is with people.

No comments:

Post a Comment