Popular Posts

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Milestones

Milestones, the bench markers of our lives. As I get older, I realize the dreams and ambitions of my life rather silly and unrealistic. Grad and law schools I looked at and forgot how choosy they are, the dropout rate, and how expensive they can be. Being a senator and executive, I realize now, were never in the cards for me. But that was what I thought I could become and that what drove me through college.

Being in the rat race, an expensive home, the hour commute along a choked highway, and huge bills from keeping up with the Jones's all exert a price I was never willing to pay, and frankly have no sorrows about it anymore. Stress and debt are the results of so called "success."I live in a double wide trailer and commute less than a mile to work, and keep my bills in check. I live in a community where friends and relatives are nearby, low cost of living, access to bike trails and woods, and small towns with a growing arts community, and the feeling of bliss and satisfaction couldn't be greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment