Popular Posts

Sunday, October 22, 2023

Appreciation

"What might have been", "live with no regrets", and other such sayings guided my thinking for years. Always pushing for some new opportunity, I was never satisfied, and yet never happy either. The Quakers call it living in simplicity, where a slower pace of life, work/life balance, not bound to the latest fashions and technology, and not spending your money on a lot of luxaries are desired goals. I am no longer seeking out a more expensive car and home, living in a bigger city with a higher cost of living and a long commute. Appreciate what you have. Life with family and friends, work life balance, money saved for stormy days, and working in a respectful and appreciative environment are the values that mean the most to me in my career and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment