Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Birthday: A Remembrance

I had a friend I grew up with I reconnected with recently. He then decided to friend me on Facebook page, which I accepted. A few months later, I sadly find out he passed away of natural causes. Weeks later, his Facebook account gave me a notification of his birthday, and I was struck by it suddenness and irony. We live on now not just in pictures and memories, but now in a digital realm as well. In this sphere we can create the person we want to be by projecting our selves they way we want to.


Is that all we'll leave behind in the future, a social media account that records our milestones and accomplishments?


As the message came up, I looked into a picture, and seen a happy man who did not know of his impending fate. Accepting his message of friendship on social media was all I did, and wish I reached out back to him. Never take gestures of friendship for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment