Popular Posts

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Introverts in Church, Again

I read something about some people can't stand the socializing and introductions that go on in church. As and introvert myself, I have to admit I am not thrilled about it, either. I will get plenty of introductions to people whose names I will instantly forget, and probably questions about my salvation and church life. Suddenly surrounded my a group of strangers and asking a lot of questions is something I secretly cringe at.

One day, though, I received an epiphany about it. There are many hurting and lonely people out there who would love recognition, a smile, or a simple hello from someone, and that could be you someday. When someone wants to introduce themselves and offer their friendship, take it with the spirit in which its intended. I guess the only thing worse than people wanting to talk to you, are people who let you leave church without a second thought. You never know if it might be the last time someone will reach out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment